Hired before I had graduated from UCLA, I started my career in the motion picture and television industry rising quickly through the ranks. I held positions as a studio executive, agent, manager, producer and writer.
Blessed with an epiphany one day to move on, I began to study things that I had interests in like photography, cooking and wine. No longer the proud owner of an Unlimited Expense Account but still having five-star taste buds, I came to discover that Happy Hour afforded me the opportunity to be a bon vivant enjoying marvelous food and drinks in a more cost effective way.
Happy Hour to me is a state of mind, not a time of day or a specific location. You can enjoy Happy Hour in your own backyard, a restaurant or a five-star hotel.
Happy Hour is that time you need between the stresses of the work day and the responsibilities of home life wherein you can hook up with friends, relax, unwind, refocus, laugh, cry, moan, bitch, solve the problems of the world, elect yourself to be the CEO, let your mind wander to far off places, and in general just enjoy a respite and Be Happy.
The result of this is that renewed, refreshed and hopefully reinvigorated you can return to your life in a better place. It is not about the drinking although if imbibing in a glass of champs helps you achieve Happy Hour Nirvana, go for it! Happy Hour to me harkens back to a kinder, gentler way of life that we sorely need in the present world. Happy Hour is a global event always taking place somewhere 24/7.
Since most of you cannot physically join me for Happy Hour, come on the journey with me in reading my reviews, watching a video or gazing at pix of some really yummy food and drinks. Remember, repeat daily for best results!
Introducing Ms. Brittney Rae!
Brittney has been my secret weapon helping me with Craving Cocktails? for the last few months. Now its time that you meet her as well! Like those Instagrams and Videos? A great deal of that is Brittney’s handiwork. As we move forward in 2012 Brittney will also be writing reviews and helping line up some exciting events for Craving Cocktails? If you have any thoughts or suggestions you would like to share with us, you can email her at Brittney@craving-cocktails.com.
“I started my career in Food/Beverage at the age 14 in Arizona with my family’s local bars and restaurants. After 6 years in Santa Monica and 11 in LA, I have worked with different event venues and local hotspots in Downtown LA, Pasadena, Hollywood, Westwood, Culver City, and throughout West LA. Growing up eating dishes my mom prepared from recipes in Bon Appetite Magazine, my excitement for good food started at a young age. Hospitality was a word I knew well in a house that was always the gathering spot for family friends to enjoy food and events. My love for hosting parties grew and as an adult I thrive as the Santa Monica Social Director, executing the perfect event in the best location with satisfied guests.
As an Advertising Executive with the Mirror Media Group, I work with the business leaders within the Santa Monica Chamber and Hospitality Industry. In addition to print advertising, I also developed web marketing campaigns through different social media platforms, i.e. Twitter and Facebook. Working with Santa Monica bars & restaurants I created events surrounding local favorites like the Summer Pier concert series. I hosted a 150 person party under the Yellow Polka Dot Umbrella and created themed parties for the 10 week program bringing up to 40,000 people to the pier each week. Most recently, I helped organize and promote the SANTA Monica Pub Crawl, a 4,000 person, 30 bar, pub crawl that raised $17,000 for the Westside Food Bank.”
I am delighted to announce that my dear friend and wine aficionado Steve Tellez will now be a contributing reporter to Craving Cocktails? Steve has an extensive knowledge of wine and all things vino related. I hope you enjoy his posts as much as I do! Here is a brief bio to familiarize you with the Talented Tellez:
“My wife and I were married on a small vineyard property in Napa 28 years ago and I must say that we have been smitten by the wine country ever since! After searching for a small plot of land in 2000 we ended up making a very ‘emotional’ buy of a raw 40 acre southwest facing hillside in the northern Alexander Valley. Welcomed by the majestic oaks and the soaring hawks we were able to forge a relationship with winemaker Bill Arbios, Arbios Cellars, who is renowned for crafting a fine Cabernet Sauvignon. Our passion for this hillside and the wine produced is something that we love to share with family and friends. Although my focus is on our California wines, I am also a member of the Chevaliers Du Tastevin which encompasses everything Burgundian and I enjoy all things Italian.”
Sign up for CRAVING COCKTAILS? NEWSLETTER
- Craving cocktails?™ Ray’s & Stark Bar at LACMA showcases art from the kitchen! May 6, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at FIG Santa Monica where everything is half off! April 26, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Brick + Mortar Santa Monica April 16, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Yappy hour at M Street Kitchen is perfect for you and your pooch! April 13, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ the WSWA Convention in Las Vegas was stellar! April 3, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ The Wine Cellar at the Rio Las Vegas is a jackpot! April 2, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Center Cut Steakhouse, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas April 1, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Next Door by Josie in Santa Monica March 29, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at The Santa Monica Daily Grill March 15, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Pink Taco Century City March 12, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Sushi Roku Santa Monica March 8, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Cameo Bar, Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica February 29, 2012
- Craving Cocktails? The Beverly Hills Wine Festival Rocked! by Brittney Rae February 26, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at CHAYA Venice February 22, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Hostaria del Piccolo in Santa Monica February 16, 2012