|Craving Cocktails Rating||
CHAYA Venice is located in the heart of this world famous beach community and imparts a neighborly feel to guests. A well-loved dining destination for just over 20 years, Executive Chef Shigefumi Tachibe embraces the spirit of its proximity to the sea as well as its Euro-Asian culinary tradition with entrées categorized by Land or Sea. CHAYA is a unique, family-owned restaurant that boasts a 400-year history of restaurants owned and operated by the same Tsunoda family both in Japan and California. CHAYA began under a shade tree in Hayama, Japan, centuries ago, where they offered tea, sweets, and respite to weary travelers on horseback. Today, there are two locations in Japan (Hikage Chaya and La Marée de Chaya) and four locations in California (Beverly Hills, Venice, Downtown L.A., and San Francisco).
Master Mixologist Ted Thompson has been a part of the CHAYA Venice family since it first opened its doors for business. He holds court nightly for his loyal clientele, many of whom have been patrons from the inception. On my visit Ted prepared a stunning round of his signature cocktails for me including a Moscow Mule (Russian Standard Vodka, fresh lime juice and ginger beer), Tropical Breeze (Pineapple infused vodka and watermelon liquor), Happy Hour Infusion (Fresh Pineapple infused vodka, short rocks, juice of your choice, soda), Slingchi Martini (Vodka, Lychee juice, lemon, Lychee fruit), and Organic Basil Gimlet (Square One Organic Vodka, fresh organic basil, organic lime, organic agave nectar). Ted creates a lot of his infusions and syrups in house and the result is so worth the effort!
To go along with these luscious libations GM Mark Becker brought out a superb array of Happy Hour small plates including the Portobella Mushroom Fries (Tempura coated lightly fried, truffle goat cheese dip), Spicy Shrimp Roll, Fish & Chips (with Aji Amarillo Aioli), Coffee Rubbed BBQ Pork (Chipotle miso sauce), and Mac & Cheese (Fontina cheese, white truffle oil). The food at CHAYA has always been perfecstasy and tonight was no excepti
CHAYA Venice is known for offering Happy Hour all night, every night seven nights a week including sushi specials daily. CHAYA has a great mix of people; loyal locals, business people and tourists as well as an attentive and friendly staff. As this is one of the most popular and well established Happy Hours we have found thus far, it gets crowded and I suggest you arrive early.
For oenophiles, on Tuesday nights all wine by the bottle is half off, (including some of the most coveted wines such as their Chateau Laffite Rothschild.) Heading into summer, CHAYA will be celebrating the 4th of July with a special promotion and menu as well as live music.
CHAYA Venice is a great place for dates. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. Expansive windows allow diners to have a full view of Main Street from the dining room. A collage of vibrant vintage and modern posters and artwork decorate the walls just over the 14-seat sushi bar that has a full view of the sushi chefs at work. The gold standard for Happy Hours for the last 20 years, CHAYA Venice ROCKS!
|Happy Hour Details|
|Name of Restaurant||CHAYA Venice|
|Address||110 Navy Street, Venice, CA 90291|
|Happy Hour Hours||Every Night, 5 p.m. to close|
|Price range for drinks||$6 (Happy Hour Specialty Cocktails); $8 for a Cold Sake Flight (three 2 oz selections)|
|Price range for food||$2-$13|
|Name of chef||Shigefumi Tachibe|
|Name of owner||Yuji Tsunoda|
|Name of manager||Yuji Tsunoda|
CHAYA Venice is located in the heart of this world…
Sign up for CRAVING COCKTAILS? NEWSLETTER
- Craving cocktails?™ Ray’s & Stark Bar at LACMA showcases art from the kitchen! May 6, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at FIG Santa Monica where everything is half off! April 26, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Brick + Mortar Santa Monica April 16, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Yappy hour at M Street Kitchen is perfect for you and your pooch! April 13, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ the WSWA Convention in Las Vegas was stellar! April 3, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ The Wine Cellar at the Rio Las Vegas is a jackpot! April 2, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Center Cut Steakhouse, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas April 1, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Next Door by Josie in Santa Monica March 29, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at The Santa Monica Daily Grill March 15, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Pink Taco Century City March 12, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Sushi Roku Santa Monica March 8, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Cameo Bar, Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica February 29, 2012
- Craving Cocktails? The Beverly Hills Wine Festival Rocked! by Brittney Rae February 26, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at CHAYA Venice February 22, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Hostaria del Piccolo in Santa Monica February 16, 2012