|Craving Cocktails Rating||
The Center Cut Steakhouse at The Flamingo Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip opened a few weeks ago. This swanky, sophisticated venue is housed in the third resort to open on the Strip. It is also the oldest resort on the Strip still in operation today. Originally owned by Bugsy Siegel, the Flamingo Hotel opened on December 26, 1946 making it 66 years of age this year. The resort is named after Siegel’s long-legged girlfriend Virginia Hill whose nickname was Flamingo.
The elegant design of Center Cut blends beautifully with the architectural theme of the hotel which is reminiscent of the Art Deco and Streamline Moderne style found in Miami and South Beach. The adjacent garden courtyard houses a wildlife habitat featuring flamingos. Happy Hour at Center Cut is all about the magnificent martini offered at 2/1 pricing. They also offer classic cocktails and wines by the glass, but we could not help but concentrate on those magical martinis!
Our hosts for the evening Michael Davis and Kellyann Roberts had our beautiful bartender Carol Anderson whip us up a round of luscious libations including a Pomegranate Lemon Martini (Herradura tequila, pomegranate liquor and rock candy syrup), a Caramel Apple Martini (Grey Goose vodka, Pucker Apple schnapps and caramel apple liquor), Pear…Fect Martini (Absolut Pears vodka, lime juice and rock candy syrup), Cherry Lemonade (Absolut Raspberri vodka, lime juice, grenadine and sweet & sour) and Pink in the Center (X-Rated Fusion liquor with Chandon Brut sparkling wine). All of the drinks were jackpots, but we particularly loved the Caramel Apple Martini!
Moving on to munchies, Chef Ian Delph out did himself in the tapas at the bar that he prepared for us. We started off with Lime Poached Shrimp Cocktail (served with house made yellow heirloom cocktail sauce and traditional cocktail sauce), Denver Lamb Riblettes (served with house made BBQ sauce), Trio Bacon Satay (Cayenne-peppered, blue cheese cured, and natural apple wood bacon served on pink Himalayan rock salt), Crab Cakes (Kiwi, mango, teardrop tomato and maple-Dijon Cajun sauce) and Trio Beef Sliders (USDA prime tartar of beef, virgin olive oil mayo.) All of the beef at Center Cut is free of hormones and steroids and comes from special producers such as Aspen Ridge Farms in Colorado. All of the tapas were stupendous and the portions were very generous.
Center Cut has large televisions playing slideshows of images from the 1940s through today showcasing 66 years of Flamingo history. The interior is a sleek black and white. This is a great place a business meeting, meeting up with friends or impressing a hot date. Center Cut’s Happy Hour is an incredible eight hours long so go and get your martini on! If our visit was any indication, you will leave singing, “Winner, winner, chicken dinner!”
|Happy Hour Details|
|Name of Restaurant||Center Cut Steakhouse|
|Address||3555 Las Vegas Blvd. S Las Vegas, NV|
|Happy Hour Hours||4 p.m. to midnight Sunday – Thursday|
|Price range for drinks||$14 for two martinis|
|Featured Mixed Drinks||Caramel Apple Martini, Pear… Fect Martini, Cucumber Martini|
|Name of chef||Ian Delph|
|Name of owner||Caesars Entertainment|
|Name of manager||Michael Davis|
The Center Cut Steakhouse…
Sign up for CRAVING COCKTAILS? NEWSLETTER
- Craving cocktails?™ Ray’s & Stark Bar at LACMA showcases art from the kitchen! May 6, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at FIG Santa Monica where everything is half off! April 26, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Brick + Mortar Santa Monica April 16, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Yappy hour at M Street Kitchen is perfect for you and your pooch! April 13, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ the WSWA Convention in Las Vegas was stellar! April 3, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ The Wine Cellar at the Rio Las Vegas is a jackpot! April 2, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Center Cut Steakhouse, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas April 1, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Next Door by Josie in Santa Monica March 29, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at The Santa Monica Daily Grill March 15, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Pink Taco Century City March 12, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Sushi Roku Santa Monica March 8, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Cameo Bar, Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica February 29, 2012
- Craving Cocktails? The Beverly Hills Wine Festival Rocked! by Brittney Rae February 26, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at CHAYA Venice February 22, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Hostaria del Piccolo in Santa Monica February 16, 2012