|Craving Cocktails Rating||
If you are looking for a vibrant fun-filled Happy Hour, Pink Taco in Century City is the place for you. This is a fast-paced, electrically charged Mexican restaurant and bar. Pink Taco delivers a great dining experience served to you by a gorgeous, high-energy staff. Created by Harry Morton (Morton’s Steak House, Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, etc.), Pink Taco has an unforgettable ambiance including open air patios and a very dynamic bar. Over 180 different tequilas are on hand served in an uber-moderne cantina setting. Pink Taco is both a destination point as well as a neighborhood hangout.
On our visit our hosts Jessica Miller and managers Chuck Boscarino and James Regalado made us feel the bienvenido and started us off with a great round of cocktails. These included Chamuco (Margarita and cerveza, Corzo Blanco tequila, fresh lime juice, orange curacao and an overturned bottle of Corona), El Talache (Herradura Silver tequila, fresh cucumber, mint, lime juice, served over ice with fresh cracked pepper), Pink Panties (Gran Centenario Plata tequila, fresh squeezed pink lemonade and a dash of Sprite), Pinche Boboso (Jalapeno infused Corralejo Blanco tequila, housemade grapefruit soda and fresh lime juice) and En Fuego (House margarita with El Jimador Blanco tequila topped with a float of high proof rum on fire!) All of the drinks were fun, fanciful, generous and delicioso!
Moving on to a table full of magnificent Mexican munchies before we became too borracho, ours hosts served up a regular feast. This included Hornitos Shrimp (Seared Gulf shrimp, sausa hornitos, sliced garlic, guajillo, toasted baguette), Lobster Dulce Enchiladas (Brandy-casabel cream sauce, Mexican red rice, refried beans), Queso Fundido (Melted Mexican cheese fondue served in a cast iron skillet, caramelized onions, roasted chile rajas, chorizo), Pink Taco’s Famous Guacamole made fresh to order with warm tortilla chips and three salsas, Baja Fish Tacos (Cucumber cabbage slaw, avocado, pico de gallo, pickled jalapeno mayo, warm flour tortillas) and a Dessert Platter with churros, flan, fried ice cream, brownies, creme brulee and mini donut holes!) Every single dish was delectable and I would highly recommend both the Hornitos Shrimp and Lobster Dulce Enchiladas which are at opposite sides of the hot & spicy/sweet spectrum but really unique and special. Of course if you are celebrating, that dessert platter is fit for a king!
Pink Taco caters to every age group; college kids, local business men and women and an older crowd with refined taste in Mexican food. They offer daily specials and have 12 monitors around the bar/restaurant for their sports oriented clientele. Cinco de Mayo is sure to be un evento muy grande so make your reservations in advance.
Pink Taco is a great place to bring a date or to meet someone new. There are also large, plush, romantic booths in all corners of the restaurant that allow privacy, coupled with the intimate feeling of private dining. The semi-private dining area (The Day of the Dead Room) is a local hot spot for some of the Fortune 500 companies of Century City. The music can be turned off, allowing your company to focus on a slide show, presentation, or just to chat about upcoming projects.
Pink Taco is not just a restaurant but a culinary event and party with a sizzling, exciting environment. They will soon be opening another branch on the Sunset Strip. Give yourself a real treat, forget that diet and head on over to Pink Taco for a guaranteed fiesta. You’ll be glad you did!
|Happy Hour Details|
|Name of Restaurant||Pink Taco|
|Address||10250 Santa Monica Blvd Los Angeles CA 90048|
|Happy Hour Hours||3:00-7:00pm|
|Price range for drinks||$3-$15|
|Price range for food||$10-$30|
|Featured Wines||Homemade sangria|
|Featured Beers||No beers on tap, eclectic range of bottled beers from Mexico|
|Featured Mixed Drinks||Chamuco! A margarita, with a corona turned upside down in it!|
|Featured Foods||Lobster enchiladas|
|Free munchies||Chips and Salsa|
|Name of chef||Jose Aliman|
|Name of owner||Harry Morton|
|Name of manager||Eva Perez|
If you are looking for a …
Sign up for CRAVING COCKTAILS? NEWSLETTER
- Craving cocktails?™ Ray’s & Stark Bar at LACMA showcases art from the kitchen! May 6, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at FIG Santa Monica where everything is half off! April 26, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Brick + Mortar Santa Monica April 16, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Yappy hour at M Street Kitchen is perfect for you and your pooch! April 13, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ the WSWA Convention in Las Vegas was stellar! April 3, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ The Wine Cellar at the Rio Las Vegas is a jackpot! April 2, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Center Cut Steakhouse, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas April 1, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Next Door by Josie in Santa Monica March 29, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at The Santa Monica Daily Grill March 15, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Pink Taco Century City March 12, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Sushi Roku Santa Monica March 8, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Cameo Bar, Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica February 29, 2012
- Craving Cocktails? The Beverly Hills Wine Festival Rocked! by Brittney Rae February 26, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at CHAYA Venice February 22, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Hostaria del Piccolo in Santa Monica February 16, 2012