|Craving Cocktails Rating||
The Santa Monica Daily Grill is located in the Yahoo Center and across the street from the Water Garden in the heart of Santa Monica’s music and entertainment industry. The highly successful Daily Grill restaurants were founded in 1984 with the advent of The Grill on the Alley in Beverly Hills. This was a straightforward, classic, no nonsense American fare restaurant. The Grill on the Alley was modeled after the great big city grills of yesteryear maintaining the tradition of those fine establishments by offering first-rate cuisine, attentive service and a familiar, clubby atmosphere. The Grill on the Alley evolved into one of Los Angeles most popular venues.
In 1987, the founders set out to create a version that would be available to a larger number of people at more accessible prices. The result was the first Daily Grill which opened in Brentwood. Now 25 years later, the Daily Grill can be found all across the country maintaining the same level of excellence as the original.
With a relaxed, casual, familiar setting and attentive service, we love Happy Hour at the Daily Grill! All the items on the Happy Hour menu are priced from $4.00-6.00. On our visit bartender Benjamin Graza and Manager Michael Osterbauer started us off with an excellent round of cocktails including a Ruby Red Lemon Drop (Absolut Ruby Red vodka, freshly squeezed grapefruit, lemon and lime juice), Black & Blue Mojito (10 cane rum, freshly squeezed lime juice, mint leaves and fresh berries), Sweet & Spicy Bourbon (Woodford Reserve, honey water, Serrano), Blood Orange Margarita (Milagro Silver, blood orange, Serrano) and a French Hound (Absolut Ruby Red, St. Germaine, grapefruit). All of the drinks were great but we were partial to the Ruby Red Lemon Drop.
Michael next brought us out a scrumptious selection of Happy Hour bites. These included Ahi Tuna Sashimi, Ahi Tuna Poke, Dos Tacos, Spinach Artichoke Dip, Chicken Pot Pie and Gazpacho. Everything was indeed yummy, very comforting and satisfying. I would describe the cuisine as just like your Mom would make only better!
The Daily Grill is a perfect place for a business meeting or gathering with friends. If you are looking to par-tay they offer two adjoining private rooms for up to 40 guests each; 80 guests using both rooms. If you are into sports, The Daily Grill has two TVs in the bar and one on the patio featuring the most current games. Their busiest nights are Thursday and Friday so be sure and get there early! The rest of the week is more laid back and offers you a great opportunity get to know people from the area. We had a lovely time at Daily Grill and are sure that you will too! Enjoy.
|Happy Hour Details|
|Name of Restaurant||Santa Monica Daily Grill|
|Address||2501 Colorado Ave. Santa Monica, CA|
|Happy Hour Hours||5 pm – 7 pm Monday – Friday, 5 pm – 10 pm Saturday|
|Phone Number||310 309 2170|
|Price range for drinks||$4-6|
|Price range for food||$4-6|
|Featured Mixed Drinks||Blood Orange Margarita, French Hound, Sweet and Spicy Bourbon|
|Featured Foods||Ahi Sashimi, Popcorn Shrimp, Pot Pie, Crab Cake Sliders|
|Name of chef||Jose Urena|
|Name of owner||Grill Concepts|
|Name of manager||Michael Osterbauer|
The Santa Monica Daily Gr…
Sign up for CRAVING COCKTAILS? NEWSLETTER
- Craving cocktails?™ Ray’s & Stark Bar at LACMA showcases art from the kitchen! May 6, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at FIG Santa Monica where everything is half off! April 26, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Brick + Mortar Santa Monica April 16, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Yappy hour at M Street Kitchen is perfect for you and your pooch! April 13, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ the WSWA Convention in Las Vegas was stellar! April 3, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ The Wine Cellar at the Rio Las Vegas is a jackpot! April 2, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Center Cut Steakhouse, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas April 1, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Next Door by Josie in Santa Monica March 29, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at The Santa Monica Daily Grill March 15, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Pink Taco Century City March 12, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Sushi Roku Santa Monica March 8, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Cameo Bar, Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica February 29, 2012
- Craving Cocktails? The Beverly Hills Wine Festival Rocked! by Brittney Rae February 26, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at CHAYA Venice February 22, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Hostaria del Piccolo in Santa Monica February 16, 2012