|Craving Cocktails Rating||Not Rated|
Located one block from Venice beach in the former location of Le Grande Orange, M Street Kitchen welcomes hipsters, city folk and tourists who are in search of fresh, honest and delicious food. The open kitchen features exposed brick, white wood paneling and an urban/artistic environment. The spacious outdoor patio is a huge draw for those seeking respite in the California sun or dining al fresco with your pooch.
M Street is part of the Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, Inc. (LEYE) family which currently owns, licenses or manages more than 80 establishments in Illinois, California, Arizona, Maryland, Virginia, Minnesota, Georgia and Nevada. M Street Kitchen emphasizes fresh, organic and seasonal dishes. The menu brings together commonly loved classics like burgers with house-made tacos, sushi, signature sandwiches and salads as well as breakfast favorites to jump start the day.
We specifically came to enjoy Yappy Hour with the pooches on the patio. To get the party started, our host Teri Weisbaum started us off with a round of cocktails including Shakin’ Lemonade (Ketel One, lemonade, rosemary), M Street Punch (Grey Goose Le Citron, Cazadores tequila, pomegranate juice), The Gin Gin (Hendrick’s, Canton, St. Germain, grapefruit) and Red and White Sangria (with liqueurs and diced fresh fruit). M Street is known for their sangrias which are only $3 at Happy Hour and are outstanding.
Chef Erik Palmer and sous chef Eddie Alvarez made exceptional food choices to pair with the drinks. They started us off with Pulled Chicken Nachitos, Spicy Tuna Roll, Sweet Potato Roll, and a California Griddle Burger with cheese and hand-cut fries. They then sent out some very substantial dishes including Ahi Tuna Carpaccio Salad (Sashimi grade Ahi tuna, organic greens, yuzu soy), Evil Thai Princess Salad (Poached chicken, peanut, lemongrass, kaffir lime), and Miso Glazed Salmon (Warm soba noodles, Asian vegetables, cilantro). All the dishes were amazing and were such great value given their quality. It was a delight to try dishes that we had never had before and we particularly loved the Miso Glazed Salmon.
Happy Hour at M Street Kitchen is served seven days a week. The adult dishes are priced between $2-7 and kids under 10 get to eat free during Happy Hour! Most importantly, you can bring Fido along to boot. Now that is my kind of deal.
M Street also has a Quarterly Toast of the Coast where they serve 25 wines for $25 along with passed appetizers. The next one is this August and I’m sure it will be a sell out. This is a great place for the family, a date, business meeting or just chillin’ on the patio with your pooch. The atmosphere is sophisticated, beach casual and comfortable. The ambiance is warm and welcoming with a very attentive staff. We (and the dogs) had a delightful time and are sure that you will too.
|Happy Hour Details|
|Name of Restaurant||M Street Kitchen|
|Address||2000 Main St., Santa Monica, CA 90405|
|Happy Hour Hours||7 days a week 4 pm-6:30 pm|
Located one block from Venice beach…
Sign up for CRAVING COCKTAILS? NEWSLETTER
- Craving cocktails?™ Ray’s & Stark Bar at LACMA showcases art from the kitchen! May 6, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at FIG Santa Monica where everything is half off! April 26, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Brick + Mortar Santa Monica April 16, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Yappy hour at M Street Kitchen is perfect for you and your pooch! April 13, 2012
- Craving Cocktails?™ the WSWA Convention in Las Vegas was stellar! April 3, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ The Wine Cellar at the Rio Las Vegas is a jackpot! April 2, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Center Cut Steakhouse, Flamingo Hotel, Las Vegas April 1, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Next Door by Josie in Santa Monica March 29, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at The Santa Monica Daily Grill March 15, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Pink Taco Century City March 12, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Sushi Roku Santa Monica March 8, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Cameo Bar, Viceroy Hotel Santa Monica February 29, 2012
- Craving Cocktails? The Beverly Hills Wine Festival Rocked! by Brittney Rae February 26, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at CHAYA Venice February 22, 2012
- Craving cocktails?™ Happy Hour at Hostaria del Piccolo in Santa Monica February 16, 2012